QoMEX 2017 will select winners to receive the best Conference Paper Award and the best Student Paper Award. Both awards aim to honor exceptional technical contributions and promote high-quality research within the technical scope of the conference. The final awards decisions will be taken after the presentation of these papers.
The Awards Selection Guidelines are:
- Exclusions: The papers from the general chair, technical program chairs, special session chairs and award chairs are excluded for the consideration.
- Initial Score based Selection: The 12 accepted papers receiving the highest scores and good recognition in the review process are chosen as the candidates.
- Award Candidates Selection Committee: It is formed by the general chair, 3 technical program chairs, 2 special session chairs and 2 award chairs. All review scores and comments will be made available to the committee.
- Final Candidates Selection: Each award selection committee member sends his/her vote for 6 papers with clear ranking to the two award chairs where the best paper gets 6 points, the 2nd best 5 points and so on. The Award Chairs will consolidate the results and select 6 top ranked papers, at least 3 of them with a student as the first author.
- Final Candidates Presentation: The 6 papers will be arranged for presentation well before the award ceremony (ideally on the first day) in either a single session or a few non-time-overlapping sessions. The relevant authors will be informed before the conference.
- Award Selection Committee: The final Award Selection Committee will include the Award Candidates Selection Committee and members of the QoMEX Steering Committee in a maximum of 12 members. To be a valid member of this committee, the experts will have to score all the candidate papers. The Award Selection Committee members should sit in the presentations or attend the poster and give a vote for each paper where the best paper gets 6 points, the 2nd best 5 points and so on.
- Award Criteria: The Award Selection Committee should consider the technical quality, the technical novelty, the potential impact, the editorial quality, the presentation quality and the capability to answer questions.
- Winners Definition: After consolidation of the votes by the Awards Chairs, the paper receiving the highest overall vote by the Award Selection Committee will be awarded as the Best Paper Award (even if the first author is a student); the paper with the second highest vote and with a student as the first author will be awarded the Best Student Paper Award.
- Issues: If there is any issue arising before the final decision can be reached, the Awards Selection Committee will meet at the conference site to resolve.
The awards ceremony will be held at the conference banquet.